As you may have read, I’m moving to Amsterdam and that’s why I’m looking for a job in this new country. I’m interested in a job as a Digital Communication Manager/specialist/producer.
So, here is a little list of the websites where you should have a look in order to find you dream job. I’ll update it when I find new ressources, it’s an ongoing process. Your help is also welcome.
The Netherlands is one of the country with the biggest reach for Linkedin and Twitter. So make sure to have a look to the jobs section and to take care of your profile. Also, a lot of recruiters and companies allow you to apply directly via with your Linkedin profile (with one click)!
If you are from abroad and can tell your actual employer you are looking for a new job: make sure to change your “actual location” to the newly desired one. Your recommended jobs will change accordingly.
They are really helpful by sorting out the gems for you!
- www.ambitiouspeople.nl – a LOT of open vacancies, mainly for Dutch speakers. But if you have one website to check: then it’s this one.
- www.finestpeople.nl – They have quite a few vacancies for Online-Marketing and Sales people
- www.thegiglab.com – THE website for the web developers
- www.sukoiamsterdam.com – follow their Twitter account, the website is not so uptodate… (pssss the have a Flash website :/
- www.octagon.nl – very IT, for techies
- www.glasford.nl – recruiting Managers & Executives
- www.hpwexecutivesearch.com – recruiting Executives only and IT people
- www.bullhornreach.com – I’m not so sure about this one. Would you recommend it?
- www.aquent.nl – A few highly qualified opportunities here.
- Progressive – Very techy
- www.dutchstartupjobs.com – The title says it all (thx @m_lassister)
Advertising News / Jobs sites
As mentioned above, the penetration of Twitter in the Netherlands is huge. Almost all the recruiters are on Twitter. I’ve created a Twitter list for you. I’ll be updating a lot, make sure to follow this one.
There are plenty of them here in Amsterdam. The cool thing? I’ve setup a interactive map for you.
And you, which website would you recommend? How would you start?
PS: As you might have noticed on my profile, I don’t yet have a job. So, if you have any opportunity, I’ll be happy if you’d give me a call.